CIS Web Developer - Associate in Science
The department of Computer Information Systems (CIS) offers degrees and certificates in three major areas: Computer Programming, Network Administration and Web Developer.See the respective major sheets for additional information about the specific certificates and degrees. A grade of “C” or better is required in all certificate, major and major elective courses.
The Web Developer Certificate and Degree programs provide students with the skills necessary to design front-end applications for a Web site. It assumes basic programming skills so that students can design applications that search a web site, obtain interactive information from visitors to the site, implement push and pull technologies, client server interactions, and provide the benefits of having a dynamic, well-structured Web site. An Associate in Science and 2 levels of certificates are offered.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Recognize the components that constitute a computer information system. Identify various hardware, software, data, computer number systems, and procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact and application of computers in business, government, and social organizations. Students solve common business problems with computer applications and the internet.
- Receive and process written and oral technology related information. Students Interpret technology communication concepts including wired and wireless networks, servers and clients, users interfaces, operating systems, applications, utilities, and programming languages.
- Recognize the influence of the Internet on business and terms relating to the World Wide Web. Students perform the fundamental functions that operating systems and applications software provides. Students demonstrate skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, and use of Internet. Students will recognize a programming language and demonstrate steps involved in developing an application.
- Demonstrate the ability to work and interact effectively in teams consisting of individuals with differing interests, gender, global backgrounds and professions.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise professional, ethical responsibility in the use of technology in society.
A.S. Degree Requirements
|Complete the following:|
|CIS 020||XML Fundamentals||3|
|CIS 022||Database Technology||3|
|CIS 041||Introduction to Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS 060||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|CIS 084||Java Programming||3|
|CIS 014A||Internet Principles and Protocols||3|
|CIS 020A||Advanced XML||3|
|CIS 024B||PHP Programming||3|
|CIS 047||Apache, PHP, MySQL||3|
|CIS 024A||Perl Programming||3|
|or CIS 024C||Python Programming|
|General Education Requirements||24|