Mathematics - Associate in Science for Transfer
The Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer (AS-T) degree will prepare students with the strong foundation necessary for pursing studies at the university level in various majors such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, chemistry, computer science, economics and business. A grade of “C” or better is required in all coursework completed for the major.
The AS-T in Mathematics is intended for students who plan to complete a baccalaureate degree in Mathematics or a related field of study at a California State University (CSU). Students who complete this degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students transferring to a CSU campus that accepts the AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 semester units after transfer to earn a baccalaureate degree.
To be awarded the Associate in Arts in Mathematics for Transfer degree, students must:
(1) Complete 60 semester units or 90 quarter units which are eligible for transfer to the California State University (CSU) system, including both of the following:
(A) The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements.
(B) A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
(2) Obtain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to use symbolic, graphical, numerical, and written representations of mathematical ideas.
- Use mathematical reasoning to develop mathematical models to solve real life applications.
- Use appropriate technology to enhance their mathematical thinking, solve mathematical problems, and judge the reasonableness of their results.
A.S.-T Major Requirements
|MATH 071||Calculus I With Analytic Geometry 1||5|
|MATH 072||Calculus II with Analytic Geometry||5|
|MATH 073||Multivariable Calculus||5|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|Select one of the following:||3-5|
Any course from above not already taken
or CIS 084
A.S.-T Degree Requirements
|CSU GE or IGETC||37 - 39|