San José City College uses an Integrated Planning Model that serves as a framework to guide its comprehensive planning efforts (Administrative Procedure 3250).
- San José City College and the District Office, through established committees with representation from faculty, administration, classified staff, and students, will review and recommend planning decisions related to human, physical, technology, and financial resources.
Applying the criteria of accreditation standards, the planning process will be guided by adopted vision, mission, and core values statements and will develop specific goals, objectives, and strategies, which have measurable outcomes and specific accountability.
Action plans will be reviewed and revised annually and approved by the respective planning bodies.
- Institutional effectiveness research, program reviews, and individual unit plans are utilized in the planning process, which is intended to complement and inform the resource allocation process.
- The Board may assist in developing the general institutional mission and goals for the comprehensive plans through a variety of means, including, but not limited to, Board Ends Policies, the Chancellor’s evaluation process, the Board/Chancellor retreat, and any time the Board reviews curriculum items.
- The District Chancellor establishes broad goals that stem from the District’s Core Values and support the Vision. All colleges and locations within the District establish goals that are in line with the District’s and consistent with that location’s Core Values, Mission, and Vision.
- Long-range planning, including Educational and Facilities Master Planning, SSSP, Student Equity, and other planning is aligned with the District and College’s strategic goals which are aligned with the mission, vision, and values.
- The District Chancellor has established the following strategic goals for 2013 through 2017.
- Student Success - San José-Evergreen Community College District will improve student success through accessible and enhanced educational services and programs.
- Total Work Environment - San José-Evergreen Community College District committed to promoting a total work environment that supports the success and development of its students and employees.
- Workforce and Economic Development - San José-Evergreen Community College District will meet the diverse workforce needs of the Silicon Valley.
- Organizational Effectiveness and Sustainability - San José-Evergreen Community College District will develop systems that promote institutional effectiveness and fiscal sustainability.
- San José-Evergreen Community College District will invest in information technology solutions that enhance the learning environment and support student success.
- San José-Evergreen Community College District will engage in proactive communication with internal and external audiences to enhance value and improve stakeholder satisfaction.