San José City College uses an Integrated Planning Model that serves as a framework to guide its comprehensive planning efforts (Administrative Procedure 3250).
- San José City College and the District Office, through established committees with representation from faculty, administration, classified staff, and students, will review and recommend planning decisions related to human, physical, technology, and financial resources.
Applying the criteria of accreditation standards, the planning process will be guided by adopted vision, mission, and core values statements and will develop specific goals, objectives, and strategies, which have measurable outcomes and specific accountability.
Action plans will be reviewed and revised annually and approved by the respective planning bodies.
- Institutional effectiveness research, program reviews, and individual unit plans are utilized in the planning process, which is intended to complement and inform the resource allocation process.
- The Board may assist in developing the general institutional mission and goals for the comprehensive plans through a variety of means, including, but not limited to, Board Ends Policies, the Chancellor’s evaluation process, the Board/Chancellor retreat, and any time the Board reviews curriculum items.
- The District Chancellor establishes broad goals that stem from the District’s Core Values and support the Vision. All colleges and locations within the District establish goals that are in line with the District’s and consistent with that location’s Core Values, Mission, and Vision.
- Long-range planning, including Educational and Facilities Master Planning, Integrated Plan, Student Equity, and other planning is aligned with the District and College’s strategic goals which are aligned with the mission, vision, and values.
- The District Chancellor has established the following strategic goals for 2018 through 2025.
Strategic Priority 1: Student Success
The San José-Evergreen Community College District will improve student success through a culture of evidence by providing structured educational pathways and continuous support services that align with their educational and career goals and promote responsible global citizenship and civic engagement.
Strategic Priority 2: Workforce & Economic Development
The San José-Evergreen Community College District will support economic mobility of our diverse community by responding to the workforce needs of the Silicon Valley region.
Strategic Priority 3: Organizational Effectiveness & Sustainability
The San José-Evergreen Community College District will develop and utilize systems that promote institutional effectiveness, fiscal sustainability, and accountability.
Strategic Priority 4: Technology
The San José-Evergreen Community College District will invest in secure information technology solutions and instructional technology that enhance the learning and working environment and support guided pathways, institutional effectiveness, and student success.
Strategic Priority 5: Communication
The San José-Evergreen Community College District will engage in effective communication with internal and external audiences to improve stakeholder satisfaction.
Strategic Priority 6: Total Work Environment
The San José-Evergreen Community College District will promote a total work environment that contributes to the success and development of its students and employees.